SFLC.in. is a not-for-profit legal services organization that brings together lawyers, policy analysts, technologists, and students to protect freedom in the digital world. SFLC.in promotes innovation and open access to knowledge by helping developers make great Free and Open Source Software, protect privacy and civil liberties for citizens in the digital world by educating and providing free legal advice and help policy makers make informed and just decisions with the use and adoption of technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly active and diverse volunteer-led organization in a collaborative leadership role that requires a strong organizer and problem solver. Reporting to the President, the Executive Director supports the Governing body and Management Committee and will be responsible for day-to-day management of operations, financials, & staff development. S/he manages & works alongside the staff to create a productive,equal and comfortable environment to engage on issues of Internet freedom and Free Software.
- At least five years of experience in development efforts for a non-profit organization.
- A record of closing of large gifts from foundations and corporations, as well as individual donors.
- Demonstrated experience in building, sustaining, and deepening relationships and partnerships with a diverse set of individuals, groups and stakeholders, including with business, government and nonprofit communities.
- Alignment with the philosophy and core beliefs of Free and open Source software movement and Internet Freedom Movement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent ethics.
Remuneration: Will be commensurate with experience and will be at par with sector standards.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications with a cover letter and resume in free document format to 'email@example.com' with a subject line - "Application for Executive Director post".
Please note: SFLC.in believes in equality and opportunity for all. We encourage applications from persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.