Senior Policy Director
SFLC.in is inviting applications for the post of Senior Policy Director at our office in New Delhi, India.
The Senior Policy Director shall be responsible for the overall implementation, management and supervision of the organization’s projects and initiatives in accordance with the organization’s vision. He/she shall report to the Executive Director, SFLC.in. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading, planning, organizing, controlling, ensuring effective implementation of projects, initiatives and activities undertaken by SFLC.in;
- Co-ordinating with other organisations and Government on various projects and activities for achieving the objectives of the organisation;
- Overseeing development and coordination of events, conferences, workshops, publications by SFLC.in;
- Developing and implementing operational plans that incorporate goals and objectives that in tune with the strategic direction of the organization;
- Providing overall supervision to staff members of the organization. Actively engaging with SFLC.in volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations and funders;
- Monitor day-to-day activities of the organization with an aim to improve quality
New Delhi, India
Required skills and qualifications
- Advanced degree in either law, management, public policy or technology
- Keen interest in civil liberties, intellectual property rights and technology law;
- 5+ years of work experience
Will be commensurate with experience and will be on par with industry standards.
How to apply
To apply, please send in the following details in free document format (.pdf/.odt) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the post of Senior Policy Director”no later than 20th December, 2016:
- 2-page CV including academic qualifications and professional experience;
- Covering letter, not more than 1000 words, stating why you would like to be part of SFLC.in and what makes you an ideal candidate for the job;
- Writing sample, not more than 1000 words;
- Names and contact details of two references (References will not be contacted until after the interview)
Applicants who do not have the full range of required qualifications and experience should indicate if they are willing to be considered for a role at the lower grade.
For further details, please feel free to contact Ms. Mamta Verma at 011-43587126/43502878.