SFLC.in is inviting applications for the post of Junior Counsel at our office in New Delhi, India.
As a Junior Counsel, you will be part of SFLC.in’s core team of lawyers responsible for identifying potential areas of organizational engagement, conducting landscape analyses, preparing research reports and issue briefs, and representing the organization at various national and international fora. This is a full-time position based out of our New Delhi office, which means residency in or willingness to relocate to New Delhi is a must for all interested candidates. A non-exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities that you will be expected to undertake at SFLC.in are:
- Conduct thorough analyses of relevant policies and legislations, and draft comments/responses as required
- Prepare periodic articles and blog-posts on various issues related to the digital space including privacy, free speech , Internet governance, Free and Open Source Software and Intellectual Property
- Represent SFLC.in at conferences, meetings and other national and international events, and make presentations on behalf of the organization
- Draft petitions, written submissions, affidavits and other supporting legal documents as and when necessary and represent clients in courts.
- Provide legal counsel to developers of Free and Open Source Software on matters including but not limited to copyright and licensing, trademarks, patents, incorporation, audit & compliance.
New Delhi, India
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Excellent oral presentation, research and writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to strategically analyze issues, and efficiently translate insights and observations into tangible output
- A keen interest in the intersecting issues of law and technology, and defending civil liberties in the digital sphere
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications with a cover letter and resume in free document format (.pdf/.odt) to email@example.com with the subject line - “Application for the post of Junior Counsel“. The deadline for sending in applications is 10th June, 2016. For any enquiries and clarifications regarding this position, please contact Ms. Nehmat Kaur at 011-43587126/43502878.