The Grant Writer will be primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and should be able to persuasively communicate SFLC.in’s mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will report directly to the Executive Director, and will be responsible to organize and submit grant requests, establish and maintain contact with foundation, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
Responsibilities of the Grant Writer
- Persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders by developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Track all submissions and deadlines of the organization;
- Handle any other responsibilities, ancillary to the above responsibilities.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential
- Ability to draft grant proposals in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases.
- A high level of computer literacy is necessary.
- An ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form.
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 -5 years of relevant experience.
As per industry standards.
This is a full time position and the Grant Writer will work out of our New Delhi office.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications with a cover letter and résumé in free document format by December 10th, 2016 to email@example.com with a subject line - “Application for Grant Writer”
For further details please feel free to contact Ms. Mamta Varma, Business Manager, SFLC.in at the address given below:
K-9 Second Floor, Birbal Road,
Phone# +91-11-43587126 /43502878